Personal and medical information

Sharing personal information

If you wish to authorize the Ministère du travail, de l'Emploi et de la Solidarité sociale to provide personal information about you to another person, you must give written authorization to the Ministère. You will then have to complete the Permission to Disclose Personal Information to a Third Party form (2412A) (PDF 164 Kb).

Authorize another person to act on one’s behalf

Financial assistance: administered by another person

It is possible to appoint a person to manage your social assistance or social solidarity benefits and your expenses. To do this, you must appoint an administrator who will manage your finances, keep supporting documents and produce a management report if requested by the Department. You will then have to complete the Administration of Financial Assistance by a Third Party form (SR-0014A) (PDF 119 Kb).

Information is available to help the designated administrator fulfil their duties.

Designating someone to act on one’s behalf

You may give a power of attorney to a person to act on your behalf with the Ministère du Travail, de l’Emploi et de la Solidarité sociale. This person will be able to send and receive information or documents that concern you. You will need to complete the Power of Attorney form (2475A) (PDF 237 Kb).

Submitting medical information

Notice of Placement or Termination of Placement in a Health Care Facility

When a recipient under a last-resort financial assistance program or the Basic Income Program must be placed in an institution recognized by the Ministère de la Santé et des Services sociaux or when their placement ends, a health professional or an organization in the health network recognized by that department must inform the Ministère de l'Emploi et de la Solidarité sociale by sending the form Avis de placement ou de fin de placement dans un établissement reconnu par le ministère de la Santé et des Services sociaux (SR-0060) (French only) (PDF 173 Kb).

Medical Certificate

The medical certificate (SR-0040) (French only) (PDF 227 Kb) for claimants allows for  

  • to the doctor or midwife to certify a state of pregnancy and to confirm the need for medical transport related to prenatal and postnatal care;
  • the doctor or dentist to apply for special medical benefits.
  • The medical certificate must be completed by the health professional. 

Medical report

A person receiving last-resort financial assistance may provide a medical report showing that his or her physical or mental condition prevents him or her from performing an employment activity. The interruption of the activity must last at least one month. You will then have to complete the Medical Report (SR-2100A) (PDF 177 Kb) form.

Online services

You can send documents using your online file. You can also configure your account to receive email alerts when a message from the Ministère is delivered.

Send documents

Benefit amounts and payment dates

To find out the benefit amounts available, simply visit the following section: Benefit amounts for the current year.

To find out the dates on which payments are made, consult the following section: Benefit payment dates for the current year.

You can view the amount and the date of your next benefit payments in your online file.

View the amounts and dates of the benefits