COVID-19 : Federal Government Assistance
If you are receiving or received financial assistance from the Ministère du Travail, de l’Emploi et de la Solidarité sociale and benefits related to the COVID-19 pandemic from the federal government simultaneously, please contact an agent of the Ministère working at the Centre de communication avec la clientèle or the Services Québec office in your region .
Information on financial assistance or your application for assistance
Information on your file
To obtain information on your file, simply have your Social Insurance Number and telephone access code on hand. This five-digit code can be found on the "Important Note" form, which is sent to you every month.
If you have just submitted your application, you will receive a Notice of Decision in the mail within five business days of receiving all the documents needed to assess your application.
Online services are available. They give you access to notices of decision or information regarding your application. You can also configure your account to receive email alerts when a message from the Ministère is delivered.
Benefit amounts for the current year
Benefit payment dates for the current year
You can view the amount and the date of your next benefit payments in your online file.
Direct deposit is a fast and easy way to receive the amounts to which you are entitled.
By registering for direct deposit, you:
- receive the amounts directly in your bank account on fixed dates
- have immediate access to the deposited amounts
- avoid delays caused by holidays, postal slowdowns or lost cheques
- save time by avoiding unnecessary visits to the bank
You can download the Direct Deposit Registration Form (SR-2301-01A) (PDF 459 Kb) online or pick one up at a Services Québec office . Simply complete the form and mail it or drop it off in person at a Services Québec office or a CLE.
Be sure to enclose either a blank cheque marked ‟Void” or a bank statement from your financial institution, and to check the ‟Registration” box on the form. If you are already registered for direct deposit and wish to change your banking information, check the ‟Change of account” box.
Request for review
Revision is a right enshrined in the Individual and Family Assistance Act. If you disagree with a decision made under the Act, it allows you to get a new assessment of the decision made. You will then have to fill out the Application for review form (0023A) (PDF 553 Kb).
You can file an application for review and send the required documents using your online file.
Complaints or comments
You may make a complaint or comment on the processing of your application or the services received.
Rights, recourse and obligations
Providers have certain rights related to the provision of services from the Ministère du Travail, de l’Emploi et de la Solidarité sociale.
In addition to these rights, there are obligations that must be respected. You always have the obligation to notify us immediately of any change in your situation. Failure to meet these obligations may affect your eligibility for a program. It may also affect the amount of financial assistance you receive.
Your rights and recourse
You can receive help from the Ministère du Travail, de l’Emploi et de la Solidarité sociale to
- get information on programs;
- submit an application under the Social Assistance Program, the Social Solidarity Program or the Aim for Employment Program;
- have someone of your choice accompany you in your application.
You also have the right to
- consult your file;
- request a review of a decision made in your file.
You didn't declare your real situation?
The Ministère du Travail, de l'Emploi et de la Solidarité sociale may consider reducing or even stopping your benefits.
In this case, you will be given 10 days written notice during which you can make comments or provide documents related to your situation.
You must provide information and documents so that we can:
- establish your eligibility for a program;
- establish your eligibility for financial assistance;
- verify whether or not the parental contribution applies in your situation.
Change in your family or financial situation
You must inform us as soon as a change occurs (birth, separation, start of employment, etc.). See Change in your situation.
An overpayment is made to you
This may occur as a result of an inaccurate or incomplete declaration. You must repay the amount claimed.
Government program or recourse
You must take advantage of the benefits that may be available to you under another government program or other recourse.
You must not dispose of property or money in order to get a higher benefit.
If you do not meet your obligations, the assistance granted may be reduced or may no longer be paid to you.
The Department's obligations
The Department must
- proceed with the verification of your request;
- render a decision as soon as possible;
- inform you of your rights and obligations;
- inform you of the programs and services available.
The Department must also, if you request it,
- assist you in formulating a Application for review (0023A) (PDF 553 Kb);
- provide you with an opportunity to provide comments and observations;
- help you produce the documents that are missing from your file.
If you have any questions concerning the Social Assistance Program or the Social Solidarity Program, call one of the numbers below:
- Montréal area: 514-873-4000
- Elsewhere in Québec: 1-877-767-8773 (toll free)
This service is available during office hours. There are also other ways to contact us .