Loans and Bursaries for Full-Time Studies
Advantages of Loans and Bursaries
The Loans and Bursaries Program enables you to pursue full-time secondary school level vocational training, college or university studies when you do not have the financial resources.
If you are eligible, we will assess your financial needs. You will initially receive a loan that you will have to repay at the end of your studies.
If the loan is insufficient to cover your needs, you could receive a bursary that you will not have to repay.
During your full-time studies:
- You do not repay any amount related to your loan.
- The government pays the interest on your loan for you.
- You may apply for loans and bursaries each year, as long as you are eligible for the Program.
After your full-time studies:
- You could get 15% off the amount of your loan if you complete your studies within the prescribed period.
- You will automatically have 6 months before you start repaying your loan. During this period, you can pay the interest or add it to your loan.
- You benefit from an interest rate offered by the government, which is one of the most advantageous on the market.
- You are entitled to a non-refundable tax credit (tax reduction) for the interest you pay on your loan.
Contact Aide financière aux études, Client Services
Monday - Friday, from 8:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and 13:00 p.m. to 16:30 p.m., (except Wednesday)
Wednesday, from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and 13:00 p.m. to 16:30 p.m.
The information presented on this website has been simplified and is a summary of the main regulatory provisions. It does not replace the official texts of the statutes and regulations.
Last update: December 17, 2021