Study program of 6 months or less

If you come to Québec to study in a program of six months or less, you are not required to obtain a Québec Acceptance Certificate (CAQ) and study permit. 

However, there are advantages in applying for them:  

  • If you have children, you do not have to pay their tuition fees at a primary or secondary school; 
  • If you wish to continue your studies in Québec, you can apply for your authorization renewal from Québec rather than having to return to your country of origin to do so. 
  • If you are a full-time student, you can work on your educational institution’s campus without having to obtain a work permit; 
  • You can apply for a federal co-op work permit This hyperlink will open in a new window. to work as an intern outside your campus if it is part of your study program.  

Last update: February 23, 2023


Was the information on this page useful to you?
General notice

You have questions or require additional information?

Please contact Services Québec